- Dill and Basil – Dill and basil are natural protectants for tomato plants, keeping away the dreaded hornworm.
- Marigolds – One of the best companion plants out there, marigolds help virtually any vegetable. They are particularly helpful for tomatoes, repelling the nematodes that like to attack the roots of vegetables.
- Mint – Mint repels both ants and cabbage moths.
- Nasturtiums – Nasturtiums help prevent insects, particularly aphids, from attacking other plants. Aphids love Nasturtiums and will surround them instead of their neighboring plants.
- Sage – Another helpful herb in the garden, sage can protect from cabbage moths.
- Zinnias – Zinnias are excellent companion plants and attract ladybugs into the garden. Ladybugs are known to control unwanted pests like cabbage flies and aphids.